Sunday 5 October 2014

A Post For Zoe Sugg


She has over 50,000 people following her blog, 6 million subscribers on Youtube, 2 million followers on Twitter and 3 million followers on Instagram. Zoe Sugg (commonly known as Zoella) is one of the most successful social media Queens ever! 

I first saw Zoe's videos one December night in 2012 when I felt really homesick after being in England for 4 weeks and still having another 2 before I went home. Being the 17-year-old I was, I was really intrigued and inspired when I watched Zoe light up my screen for the next few days while I binge-watched all of her videos. There was just something about her that I felt that I could connect with. 

After suffering from quite bad social anxiety for 2 years, Zoe has given me the confidence to do things I could have never have imagined. I used to make up excuses so I didn't have to go to parties or outings with friends and family and just coop myself up in my room and feel awful for the rest of the day. It was definitely the worst time of my life, until I found Zoe.

Every time I see that she has posted a new video or blog post, a smile instantly forms on my face. She is the most beautiful, hilarious and inspiring person I know. Although I haven't met her personally or spoken to her over social media I feel like I know her so well and that her videos will always be there for me when I'm down. 

After umm-ing and ahh-ing for ages I finally gained the confidence to start making Youtube videos after seeing how far Zoe has come since starting. Although I don't have many subscribers, I am so shocked by the support I've had and the few friends I have made around the world. I am still the person I was but just with more confidence, and so is Zoe.

Unfortunately some people aren't quite on the same wavelength as most social media users out there. Some people think it's ok to tell people they are "spoiled brats" and "don't give back to their subscribers" and I have seen some of these horrible comments on not just Zoe's posts and videos but so many others. I live by the motto "Don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say" and really hope more and more people follow it. Yes, it is their opinion but no one ever wants to read that about themselves or other people, it just brings down their mood and may completely ruin their day.

Zoe deserves none of that horrible talk and I really hope she continues to grow in social media rankings. She recently launched her very own beauty line which I am absolutely in love with (but unfortunately can't get my hands on because it doesn't ship to Australia!) and is releasing a book 'Girl Online' at the end of November. It's amazing how far someone can become just from starting a blog while suffering with something most people won't understand unless they have it. 

I would like to thank Zoe so much for everything she has done even though she doesn't have a clue who I am and I will always support her in anything she does. 

- Emily xx

9 comments:

  1. this is a really lovley blog post becuase I also love zoe a lot and it's soooo cool that your and name is Emily Wood and my name is Emily Sherwood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zoe too and this is a great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing social anxiety is horrid i don't know exactly what its like (obviously) but ive got quite a good thought of what its like because of one of my family members

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took the words out of my mouth <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! You worded everything so well! I just checked out your YouTube and saw that you're from Queensland! I'm from Brisbane! It's nice to see some local people on Zoe's blog! Much love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post!
    I really hope Zoe notices it! :)

    stayinoui.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. everyone loves Zoe! She always brightens my day and she inspired me to blog!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete